The challenge is to develop a system that deals with:
3 out of every 10 people whilst having had a CRT device implant don’t benefit from the treatment 1234
2 out of 10 people who have had a CRT implant will have issues with the implanted leads 5678
EBR Systems are trialling their WiSE CRT device across a number of UK trial centres and they are recruiting heart failure patients into their trial. The trial is called SOLVE-CRT
Please note that the WiSECRT device is not commercially available in the UK. It is, however, being trialled in the centres listed below through the SOLVE-CRT trial.
SOLVE-CRT, UK sites & doctors:
1. James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough
Dr S. James, Dr A. Turley and Dr J. Thambyrajah
2. John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford
Dr T. Betts and Dr J. Gamble
3. St Thomas’ Hospital, London
Prof C. A. Rinaldi and Dr G. Carr-White
4. Harefield Hospital, Harefield
Dr M. Mason, Dr R. Lane and Dr A. Barron
5. Barts Heart Centre, St Bartholomew’s Hospital, London
Dr A. Chow, Prof R. Schilling and Dr C. Haywood
6. Manchester Heart Centre, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester
Dr A. Zaidi, Dr C. Cunnington and Dr F. Ahmed
7. Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital, Liverpool
Dr A. Rao, Dr R. Ashrafi, Dr Z. Borbas and Dr. Clare Hammond
1. Martin DO, Lemke B, Birnie D, et al. Investigation of a novel algorithm for synchronized left ventricular pacing and ambulatory optimization of cardiac resynchronization therapy: Results of the adaptive CRT trial. Heart Rhythm. 2012 Nov;9(11):1807-14.
2. Chung ES, Leon AR, Tavazzi L, et al. Results of the Predictors of Response to CRT (PROSPECT) Trial. Circulation. 2008;117: 2608-2616.
3. McAlister FA, Ezekowitz J, Hooton, N, et al. Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy for Patients with Left Ventricular Systolic Dysfunction: A Systematic Review. JAMA. 2007; 297(22): 2502-14.
4. Abraham WT, Fisher WG, Smith AL, et al. Cardiac Resynchronization in Chronic Heart Failure. N Engl J Med. 2002; 346: 1845-53.
5. Leon AR, Abraham WT, Curtis AB, et al. Safety of Transvenous Cardiac
Resynchronization System Implantation in Patients with Chronic Heart Failure: Combined Results of Over 2,000 Patients from a Multicenter Study Program. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005; 46: 2348–56.
6. Gras D, Bocker D, Lunati M, et al. Implantation of cardiac resynchronization therapy systems in the CARE-HF trial: procedural success rate and safety” Europace (2007) 9, 516–522.
7. Linde C, Abraham WT, Gold MR, St. John Sutton M, Ghio S, Daubert C. RandomizedTrial of Cardiac Resynchronization in Mildly Symptomatic Heart Failure Patients and in Asymptomatic Patients With Left Ventricular Dysfunction and Previous Heart Failure Symptoms. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2008 Dec 2;52(23).
8. Tang SL, Wells GA, Talajic M, et al. Cardiac-Resynchronization Therapy for Mild-to-Moderate Heart Failure. NEJM 2010;363:2385-95.
9. Reddy VY, Miller MA, Neuzil P, et al. Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy With Wireless Left Ventricular Endocardial Pacing: The SELECT-LV Study. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017 May 2;69(17):2119-2129.