A little about me
- If you had a tip for a person with Heart Failure what would it be? – Talk to other people with Heart Failure, ask questions – if you don’t get an answer, ask again, seek understanding and knowledge
- Tell us something different about yourself? – We are all individuals and by implication all different!
- What your biggest achievement in life? – My family, it’s not an achievement exactly but i strive to make them happy as they are the most important.
- Which do you prefer Tea, Coffee or Hot Chocolate? – Coffee of course, I am a total coffee snob. I only buy beans and grind them myself!
- How would people describe you? – Mad in a nice type of way i would like to think. One of the best comments someone made was you are a grafter – believe me it’s from someone most people will have heard of, hence i nearly fell over when he said it!
- What’s your perfect occupation? – I love music, the creativity and the way that it brings people together – i am lucky to live in the country surrounded by nature which inspires me so a recording studio in the hills in Ibiza would work for me. You know what, i have a pretty perfect live as it is anyway!
- What’s number one on your bucket list? – I don’t have one, I live everyday as it comes and when something inspires me I go and get it – I would rather live a life of spontaneity.
- What’s your favourite phrase and who was it by and why is it important to you? – “It’s more fun to be a pirate than to join the navy” – Steve Jobs and a few others. Life is all about challenging our paradigms and the establishment in a positive way that improves the way we live as a human beings. In the true spirit of the question, I have another one! “What comes around goes around” – I like to believe in Karma, there are too many people that I have met or observed who are in it “purely for them often motivated by power, greed and money” without no regard for anyone else apart from a small few who hang around them – good luck to you is all I say.
- Who’s the most inspiring person in history and why – How can there be a single person? People inspire me every day from all walks of life and more often than not it’s those who give unconditionally who make me step back and go ‘WOW’. The people who are involved in this charity are some of the most inspirational I have ever met. Which song uplifts you the most? – Come on your asking a guy with an unhealthy addiction to Vinyl here (over 3000 on the last count 5 yrs ago) – a song is for a moment in time, one day you get lost in it and on others you flip onto the next track. On to the question how about this one
- If you could change anything in the world, what would it be? – Focus on what you can impact – technology has the opportunity to change the heart failure landscape in its own little way, lets go and be pirates! in general my idealistic head says that we live in a world of unequal abundance, so why do we still have large parts of our population lacking some of the basic rights we all take for granted?
- What’s the biggest world event in your lifetime? – 9/11 of course -> I was presenting in one of the tallest buildings in London when it happened with planes stacking against the skyline, to people who had family working on the airlines in the US. The situation was insane on two levels – 1. That single event has shaped our world today 2. I was sharing how mobile technology would change our lives and using one of the first generation devices (at the time mobiles were just phones) bringing up CNN.COM to show the picture of the twin towers, I was the only person in the entire office who could get access to the internet which was overloaded at the desktop.