Patient educators are patients, carers of patients or clinicians who take the time out to help with the charity. They are people who believe in the objectives of the Pumping Marvellous Foundation and advocate in many different ways for the benefit of people and families / carers who have to manage heart failure on a day to day basis. Their involvement is whatever they want to give.
Examples of what Patient Educators get involved in –
- Political Advocacy at the EU parliament in Brussels, UK parliament in Westminster, London and the Scottish Parliament in Edinburgh.
- Involvement with NICE (National Institute of Health and Care Excellence)
- Involvement with NHS England as the patient voice of heart failure
- Involvement in research with leading health research institutes
- Coworking with Health Care Professionals and research
- Co-authoring patient information for those with heart failure
- Representing the Pumping Marvellous Foundation at events across the UK
- Offering support and a sign posting service to fellow patients via social media and phone
- Providing the services of the Pumping Marvellous Foundation to local hospitals and CCG’s
As you can see these are just some of the varied tasks that they carry out. To be accepted as a patient educator you will need to attend one of our bi-yearly induction courses where we will equip you with everything you need to know. This will also include the charity asking you to complete an enhanced DBS check.
We hope that our patient educators get a lot out of their role as they are a very valuable asset to the charity. It’s not just work, our educators have fun and see the lighter side sometimes of the issues we face with our challenges around the management of heart failure.
If you wish to apply then please enquire here